Friday, December 19, 2014

White House Garden Tour

I got to go see the White House Gardens on October 18, 2014.

Isn't it a beautiful building? It was gorgeous with the trees all around with leaves still. 


There was an amazing view of the Washington Monument from right in front of the White House. (Or behind... I'm never quite sure).


Perhaps one of my favorite pictures from the tour. It was so simple and the color blend was elegant. 


I couldn't resist getting a picture through the tree. 


The infamous Rose Gardens. Didn't realize how spaced out everything is.


Look at all those people! It was beautiful day and the White House against the blue sky caught my attention.


Obligatory picture in front of the White House. 


I loved the fountain and Washington Monument in the background.


Selfie!


What was left of the band they had playing. I'm sure it would have been fantastic had I heard them. 


Michelle Obama's kitchen garden that has been used to feed thousands of youth. 


"... the failure of one thing repaired by the success of another; and instead of one harvest, a continued one throughout the year." -Thomas Jefferson
Loved this quote

I had expected tons of flowers, but I guess a vegetable garden and few fountains sufficed.

No comments:

Post a Comment